Feizi's Word Blog

While I try to make the most out of what I have, I feel the urge to expand my vocabulary. This is a gathering of words I pick up here and there everyday. I am aware that some of the words are terribly simple for most people. But since my vocabulary is embarrassingly small, these words are acutally new to me. The definitions are from www.dictionary.com.

Name:
Location: LA, California, United States

I used to want to ruin my eyes so I can wear glasses to look smart. Now I am an Asian girl in California with a Chinese accent. People automatically assume I am smart, which is pretty cool.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Sanctuary (sngkch-r)
n. pl. sanc·tu·ar·ies
    1. A sacred place, such as a church, temple, or mosque.
    2. The holiest part of a sacred place, as the part of a Christian church around the altar.
    1. A sacred place, such as a church, in which fugitives formerly were immune to arrest.
    2. Immunity to arrest afforded by a sanctuary.
  1. A place of refuge or asylum.
  2. A reserved area in which birds and other animals, especially wild animals, are protected from hunting or molestation. See Synonyms at shelter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home